Ransomware Removal and Prevention | Silver Spring, MD
Proudly serving Silver Spring since 2001
Got ransomware, or want to prevent a ransomware attack?
Envision Consulting is your trusted local provider of ransomware removal and ransomware prevention services for companies in the Silver Spring, MD area. If you’ve been infected with ransomware, we’ll get rid of it fast with our ransomware removal solutions, and ensure you’re protected from future attacks. Contact us today to learn more.
The Threat of Ransomware is Alive & Well
Malicious software is a relatively recent phenomenon that threatens the entire IT landscape. Is your business or organization prepared?
Although recent reports suggest that attacks targeting consumers are in drastic decline, cybercriminals have ramped up their efforts against small- and medium-sized businesses, ransomware attacks, in particular.
Some of the biggest players involved in distributing ransomware have all but disappeared from the internet. Some of the criminals involved have been arrested and others have seemingly vanished.
But this doesn't mean that the threat of ransomware has been erased. In fact, plenty of new actors have entered the scene, and their efforts might be even more sophisticated than earlier attacks.
A successful ransomware attack can wreak havoc on your computer or network once it's unleashed. The resolution is better left to the professionals but there are a few steps you can take to mitigate the damage if you have just a few computers before calling in the professionals :
- Safe mode: If possible, boot up your Windows or Mac machine in safe mode. Although you'll have limited functionality during this time, you'll be able to run most antivirus software and other malicious software removal tools.
- System restore: If you're unable to boot up your primary operating system altogether, you might opt for a complete system restore, as long as you've previously enabled the feature on your computers.
- Bootable media: If you cannot access their systems via safe mode or a system restore, you might be able to use bootable media, such as a disc or USB drive, to gain entry and run an offline virus or malware scan.
If you're unsuccessful using any of these methods, or if you're dealing with ransomware on more than an infected computer or two, your best bet is to enlist the help of an IT expert. Our experience at Envision Consulting is that many businesses waste a lot of time and anxiety trying to resolve the problem on their own before calling us, and always wish they had called us in the first place.
The best way to avoid the havoc of ransomware is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. This is easier said than done, whether you have a large-scale computer network with dozens or hundreds of users, or a smaller network with but have limited resources or knowledge. Prevention is still the most effective method of combating ransomware.
At Envision Consulting, we follow the U.S. Department of Homeland Security' s top three methods for preventing ransomware:
- Back up your computer's data. Remember: third-party apps and utilities can always be reinstalled but your personal files, or those that contain valuable records for your enterprise, might not be so easy to recover.
- Separate your backups from your primary storage. Anything within your network is a potential vulnerability, including any connected drives. We keep your backup media separate from your main system and ensure that it's not connected to the same network so any infection isn’t spread.
- Train your entire organization. Your staff should understand the hazards of ransomware, malware and other cyber threats. We provide comprehensive training programs that educate your staff on cyber threats and how to avoid them to protect your organization from an attack
If you need help removing or preventing ransomware, don't hesitate to reach out to the team of experts at Envision Consulting. With many years of IT experience, we have the skills and experience recover your files and minimize the risk of attack. Contact us today.